My husband can't figure out how to change the brake lights in the car. We were told to and I quote
%26quot; open trunk take cover off where the tail lights come into the car. Use a common screw driver to pop off the plastic piece holding cover in. Stick your hand and turn the light socket, so it can pop out%26quot;.
Problem is its all metal in the trunk. Anyone know how to change the brake lights in a 2006 ford taurus.How do you change the brake lights in a 2006 ford taurus?
1. Make sure headlamp switch is in OFF position and open trunk and remove two plastic mushroom nuts, five push pins and the plastic cover from inside the trunk to access the lamp assembly.
2. Carefully pull the carpet away to expose the lamp assembly hardware.
3. Remove three nut and washer assemblies and the lamp assembly from the vehicle.
4. Remove the bulb socket by rotating it counterclockwise, then
pulling it out of the lamp assembly.
5. Pull the bulb from the socket and push in the new bulb.
6. Install the bulb socket into the lamp assembly by rotating it clockwise.
7. Install the lamp assembly on the vehicle with three nut and washer
assemblies ensuring the washers on the nuts are flush with the body to
prevent water from entering the trunk.
8. Carefully push the carpet back in to place and install the plastic cover inside the trunk with five push pins and two plastic mushroom nuts.How do you change the brake lights in a 2006 ford taurus?
here are no external screws in the taillight system of this car...the whole taillight Assembly comes out or the circuit board detaches from the taillight assembly ..u don't see any plastic wing nuts under the rear trunk lining,, then the circut board will seperate from the assembly,todays cars use push in bulbs you pull to get them out not turn themHow do you change the brake lights in a 2006 ford taurus?
Your close, the tail light assembly bolts to that metal, look for easy to remove plastic knobs and remove all, the lens assembly can then be pulled out and the bulbs replaced.How do you change the brake lights in a 2006 ford taurus?
eh? isn't the entire car metal? however, those instructions does sound about right but i don't get what you mean by its all metal.. maybe you can clarify what you mean a bit better?