Thursday, June 2, 2011

My brake light is on all the time in my 1996 ford contour is it the e-brake and how do I change it?

I need to get it inspected soon how do I change the e-brake cable or is their something I can do to make it pass inspection?My brake light is on all the time in my 1996 ford contour is it the e-brake and how do I change it?
Is this the brake warning light on the dash? If so it is either the sensor on the parking brake, or a problem with the brakes in the vehicle. Is the master cylinder full of brake fluid? Do the brakes feel %26quot;squishy%26quot;?



It could be that you have a leak in your brake system. It could be that your rear brakes are way out of adjustment. Start with the basics (fluid) and if that is ok, have a professional check your brakes!My brake light is on all the time in my 1996 ford contour is it the e-brake and how do I change it?
My brother-in-law has the same problem with his. You better fix it fast or it will drain the battery.



There is a piece under the brake pedal that is broken. You need to have it replaced. What happening is that even though you aren't stepping on the brake the contacts are meeting and therefore leaving your brake lights on.



You can take out the fuse (when you're not driving) until you fix it.My brake light is on all the time in my 1996 ford contour is it the e-brake and how do I change it?
look on you break pedal and where it pivots or in the general area you will find you break light switch. It can be adjusted. check out the switch to see if it needs adjusting or may need replacing.