Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do you change the brake lights on a '91 Thunderbird? Not the ones on the side, but the ones on the trunk.

I have a 1991 Thunderbird (the one with rear brake lights on the trunk). I need to know how to change the brake lights on the trunk door. It is type with two large lights on the back of the trunk. Look here for the lwhat I am talking about (this is the left side only) http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive



I'm not talking about the white (reverse) lights, but the red ones with the Thunderbird logo in the middle. Someone told me that they might not light up, but when I see other T-birds around my model year driving around, theirs light up.How do you change the brake lights on a %26039;91 Thunderbird? Not the ones on the side, but the ones on the trunk.
normally you turn the fixture counter clockwise and pull it out and then change the bulb put back in

if not you may need to unbolt the tail lite assembly and then change it there is a series of nuts in the trunk that out line shape of taillite lens