Thursday, September 22, 2011

2001 ford wind star sel abs & brake light is on, plus o/d light keep flashing ,plus my speedometer died?

while driving brake ,abs ,over drive light came on and my speed ometer died , milege shows --------- computer on dash reads( fuel computer data erro) , i looked in fuses and found fuse 10 blown so i changed it five time evry time i turn ignition on it correct everything and for seconds fuse will blow again . please i need help on this one. where is my short and how can i fix it ? i read it could be the vss sensior if it is where located and how easy to change ?2001 ford wind star sel abs %26amp; brake light is on, plus o/d light keep flashing ,plus my speedometer died?
Vehicle Speed Sensor is on the transmission I believe on the back side...OF COURSE. this is a fairly quick fix, the part will run around 80 bucks but this is tell tale of the problems the O/D light says hey tranny has an issue and the blown 10 says ya and it is the VSS. i bet the VSS has shorted, they do that.2001 ford wind star sel abs %26amp; brake light is on, plus o/d light keep flashing ,plus my speedometer died?
your problem is you own a ford.