Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I turn off the brake light indicator & TCS light on 2003 Honda Accord?

I just left the shop to have my brake fluid and oil changed. After leaving the shop I noticed the TCS light %26amp; brake light remained on. After 5 mins of driving the TCS light has gone off but the brake light remains on. What could be the problem?How can I turn off the brake light indicator %26amp; TCS light on 2003 Honda Accord?
Just to tell you straight off, theres no way you can turn it off yourself (no buttons). Any car years 2000 and up are programed to leave those dash lights on until the car gets hooked up to a shop computer (diagnostic computer) and only them can really turn that off for you. The TCS is your Traction Control System which means that it turned on cuz the car had no traction (your wheels were spinning) and the TCS slows the tires down until the car got a grip on the road. The brake light might be cuz your brake shoes or rotors might be worn out but not too sure. My suggestion to you is to take the car back to the shop and ask them why this is happening only moments after you took your car out of the shop.