Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I mend the right side brake light on my 2003 Ford Focus?

The tail lights work on both sides, but the right side brake light doesn't work. I've tried replacing the bulb, but that doesn't work. In fact, putting a new bulb in causes the tail light to stop working too. I put the old bulb back in and the tail light works again. Both the old and new bulbs are the same. Same part number, same voltage, same wattage.



I've checked the relevant fuse, and that's fine. I've replaced it just in case and no change.



Very confused as to why the new bulb stops the tail light working! Please help if you can.How do I mend the right side brake light on my 2003 Ford Focus?
Sounds like a dead earth problem, they are common of fords across the full range of cars. The connectors used to wire the lights are not very good and any moisture that enters the connector block will cause corrosion and dead shorts.

What you need to do is remove the connectors, clean the male parts with sand paper. The female half's need to be checked to make sure they are making a good connection and are not bent out of alignment.

Ja.How do I mend the right side brake light on my 2003 Ford Focus?
might have a bad bulb it does happen we bought a new battery and it had to be charged you bet it was taken back this time of year a lot of the stores are set to sale defaults just so you will take it back and buy more.How do I mend the right side brake light on my 2003 Ford Focus?
sounds like an earth fault locate the earth connection and clean with some emery paper or run a new earth wire from a the nearest bolt to the lightHow do I mend the right side brake light on my 2003 Ford Focus?
brake lights are 1157 bulbs, tail lights are 1156 bulbs. could be a bad ground wire or bad socket.How do I mend the right side brake light on my 2003 Ford Focus?
Check that you have the correct bulb again.



It should have two filaments in it and two lead contact points on its base.



If you have a single filament bulb then brake and tail light will not work.How do I mend the right side brake light on my 2003 Ford Focus?
try viking's idea mate sounds like u've got a short i.e bad earth, if ur not sure where ur earths are get a Haynes manualHow do I mend the right side brake light on my 2003 Ford Focus?
the metal case of the holder is part of the circuit...see if it not contacting.by pushing the bulb when in place..try a spray of wd....not being funny but you did put the new bulb in the right way...the spigots each side are set at different heights...so it would be hard...but you never know....How do I mend the right side brake light on my 2003 Ford Focus?
replace bulb.
  • what are the benefits of owning a home
  • Can I publish iweb pages through any host
  •