Thursday, September 22, 2011

My 2000 Dodge Neon oil was just changed and the check engine oil light stays on, how do I reset it?

How do you reset the oil light, it keeps coming on when I am slowing down, turning and at other random times. The dipstick reads Max and the lights been doing this since the last oil change. Do you apply the brakes a few times to reset it like with some other cars or is there another way?My 2000 Dodge Neon oil was just changed and the check engine oil light stays on, how do I reset it?
It has nothing to do with the oil change. The light is activated by either your car's ECM(electronic control module) because of information sent to it by one of your various engine sensors, or simply by reaching a predetermined milage. You will need your local Dodge Service Center on this one. Hope this helps.