Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to change a brake light on a 1999 ford focus?

take out the old one and put in the new oneCan anyone tell me how to change a brake light on a 1999 ford focus?
meowCan anyone tell me how to change a brake light on a 1999 ford focus?
Open the boot and remove the casing, take out the old bulb and put in the new one, return the casing, close the boot and away you go! Oh, you might wanna test that it works first - to do this you need to get someone to turn on the ignition and put their foot on the brake while you check to see if it works! Good luckCan anyone tell me how to change a brake light on a 1999 ford focus?
You should have a book that came with the car that will tell you all the details. What globe to buy, how to undo the light fixture and remove the old globe and then reverse the process. Other than that I am sure the Ford website for your region would have a handbook online.

On my 2003 Ford Falcon (yes they still make the Falcon in Australia) you unscrew the light fitting using a phillips head screwdriver and pull the fitting away from the body of the car. The wires stay attached so don't pull too hard. You then unscrew the brake light fitting by turning a 1/4 turn or so to release, then do the same with the globe. In Australia these are both anti-clockwise. Then just reverse the order with the new globe.Can anyone tell me how to change a brake light on a 1999 ford focus?
Some you have an access panel inside the car, others are as simple as taking off the tail light. I don't know which you have, sorry.Can anyone tell me how to change a brake light on a 1999 ford focus?
HANDBOOK?