Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to change brake light on a 2006 Toyota 4Runner truck?

I posted this question before but did not get the answer. I have a 2006 Toyota 4Runner and the 3rd brake light went out. It is on the top part of the trunk door. I do not have the wing, and cannot see anywhere inside the truck where to unscrew the bulb. The only thing I can think of is to pry the plastic cover from outside the truck. I was hoping someone can help me before i break something. Thank you.How to change brake light on a 2006 Toyota 4Runner truck?
Okay, you're on the right track. Under the tail light assembly, there are 5 fitting claws that hold it in place on the outside, you can use a flat head screw driver to pry upwards from underneath the bottom egde, disconnect the power from the tail light assembly, and remove the two screws from the back of the tail light assebly, the bulb twists out. That should do it, if not, let me know and I will try to find what I missed.
  • horses
  • other
  •