Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the brake light switch in my 2003 Ford Explorer?

When I start the car, and tap my brakes, I can't shift out of park. I'm assuming that means the brake light switch is out. I have the new part, I just don't know how to install it.How do I change the brake light switch in my 2003 Ford Explorer?
I dont think thats your problem, that part only activates the brake lights when u hit the pedal.How do I change the brake light switch in my 2003 Ford Explorer?
take the clip off of the brake senser on the back of the brake pedal and take off wire conneter and install new one put clip on put wire back on and check but it also could be a shift inner lock badHow do I change the brake light switch in my 2003 Ford Explorer?
that could be the problem ,but to change that ,you need to remove the lower panel and lay down in the floor board,then you,ll see it,remove it from the holder and install the new one,it too has to be adjusted to be right,you need to set it at a point to where when you just touch the brake pedal it comes on,this might help you with the shift problem also,good luck with it.